Thursday, June 12, 2008

Be true to YOURSELF and find happiness

So I would like to begin by talking about ourselves...our inner most parts.

I guess if you were to meet me today, you would think that I was this very self confidant young lady, who is focused driven and very grounded, but man I wish truly I could tell you that in general that's how I have always been. College has been a blessing to me in so many ways because I have found the root of who I am. I no longer wonder what I want and who I am.

Having a fake personality is so not cute people. Just think about the energy it takes to keep up something so untrue and false and the emotional burden of knowing that people are only associating with you under false pretenses. Love yourself and begin to accept you for you. Loving yourself isn't just saying, "Okay I like who I am." It's letting that love spill into other aspects of who you are and what you stand for. Let your dress exemplify the love you have for yourself for example... Have a party in your heart all by yourself and I promise in the long term this will be the best party that you've ever been to.

Not the right man, biggest house, or the indispensable bank account will bring the epitome of happiness to you. You have to get to a point where even though you have the bare minimum, happiness overflows out of your heart. Not because of a person,place,or thing, but ONLY because of the love that you have for YOU and ONLY YOU!

No comments: